Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Biltmore

For our last adventure in North Carolina we decided on a spontaneous trip to the Biltmore Estate. The house was built between 1889-1895 in Asheville, NC. It is the largest privately-owned home in the US with 175,000 square feet with 250 rooms! It was a very spectacular site. The house sits on 8,000 beautiful acres and has very exquisite gardens. There are also tourist attractions spread throughout the estate. We visited Antler Hill Village where we toured the farm and enjoyed some yummy mango sorbet at the local creamery. We really enjoyed our time there and were very happy that it was such a great short vacation.

You walk around the corner and this is what you see.






Large fireplace


Organ


Carving on the fireplace

Carved ceiling


Carving above fireplace







View out the back of the house




Ceiling of the library

Library



This is Napoleon's chess set 






Gorgeous staircase






Halloween room in the basement

Bowling alley

Indoor swimming pool

Exercise room

Kitchen








Outdoor gardens


Greenhouse





Chickens at the farm

Petting the sheep


Watching the sheep dog 



Enjoying live music at Antler Hill Village

Mmm....ice cream


More please!


1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow I just realized I never commented on this. Blast that google reader, it makes my life too easy. Anyway, that is an awesome place, granted I wouldn't want to live there because then I would have to clean it, but awesome nonetheless! Oh and I can see more and more of Jason in Morgan, but of course she still looks like her mama, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete