Friday, November 13, 2009

Playing the Waiting Game

Well its almost been a year since my last post....I'm horrible at blogs apparently! But I would like to become a more frequent user once the baby is here for all the family. So I am starting today as I wait here on the couch for my little girl to decide when she wants to make her arrival.

As far as being pregnant, I can't complain. I did have some morning sickness in the beginning, but it certainly wasn't as bad as it could have been. I was lucky to not become too big, although I feel like I'm the size of a blimp. But I'm all belly! So far, at 39 weeks, I've gained about 22 lbs, which I'm very happy about. The doctors say that she should be somewhere between 7 and 7.5 lbs. Seeing that Jason and I were both 8 lb babies, I'm glad she's running a little on the smaller size :)

I have to admit that I have become just like most pregnant women and have been complaining that "I just want her to come out!". Ha ha! I never thought I would say that. I always thought that I'd want her to stay in as long as she wanted, because once she came out the hard part started. I'm certainly not saying that it won't be hard once she comes out but I much rather hold her and cuddle her then have her stuck in my tummy. I was hoping that when I took my fall on Monday after our kitchen flooded that it might give her that extra motivation to come out. Unfortunately, I must have scared her and made her decide to stay inside her mommy for a little longer. Way to go me! :)

So were just playing the waiting game now, waiting for her to make her appearance. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later, but I know in the end she can't stay in there forever!


Here's my most recent belly picture at 37 weeks.
I'll have to get a more up to date picture sometime this weekend.

2 comments: