Monday, January 10, 2011

Cross Country Trip Across the US

On our way to Idaho we stopped at some of the church history sites.

Far West Temple site:

One of the cornerstones

It was really cool to go to Adam-ondi-Ahman. We didn't spend a lot of time there because it was really cold that day, but I had always wanted to come here so it was exciting to see.




We also stopped at the Kanesville Tabernacle where we met a sweet companion couple who showed us around.
The Reconstructed Kanesville Tabernacle


We also went to the Omaha, Nebraska Mormon Trail Center. We got some super cute pics of Morgan in a dress up bonnet and her cheesy grin.



Lastly, we went to Martin's Cove in Wyoming. This was probably my favorite place that we visited since I have such a special connection to it. My Great-great..".I don't know how many great's exactly" Grandfather was one of the rescuers of the Martin Cove Company. If you get a chance you can read the wonderfully touching story here: http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/49197/I-am-ready-now--Ephraim-Hanks-handcart-rescuer.html. It was so humbling to be there and to ponder the stories that were told of the dedicated and faithful saints. It really increased my testimony of faith and obedience.












We had a great trip from Raleigh to Idaho. Weather was great and Morgan did exceptionally well. We also stopped in Jackson Hole, WY for a night. It was so beautiful there, and although I didn't take any pictures I plan on going back since it is fairly close to Idaho Falls. 















No comments:

Post a Comment