Thursday, September 15, 2011

Andrus Family Vacation: Island Park

This year we went with J's family to Island Park for a little vaca. I had never been and it was nice to get out and enjoy nature. We enjoyed a nice cabin and lots of yummy food. We were in charge of a meal and had dutch oven pulled pork sandwiches and homemade ice cream. It was pretty scrumdidliumptious :)
We went on some 4-wheeler rides. One involved exploring a little fishing hole. Some fishing hole, as there were no fish in it. But the guys and kids had fun skipping rocks and playing on the dock.


On one of the days our little family headed to Yellowstone. I had only ever driven through on the way to a cattle show in Billings. We went to some of the hot pools. This one had such blue water.








We stopped in at Old Faithful and waited an exuberant amount of time to watch her. But she was well worth it. Although I think one time is plenty for me.


We went down into a little tourist town at the end of our Yellowstone adventure. There were some Elk just chilling in the middle of town munching on some grass.



We saw plenty of bufallo on our trip. This herd had a little calf.



This big boy was just travelling down the road.



On our last day I found a catepillar crawling across the road. I knew Morgan and Kami would like it. They sat there poking and prodding at it for a good fifteen minutes. Holla for free entertainment!



This was the nice cabin we stayed at. Equipped with theatre room and hot tub! Sadly, if we have any more kids we'll need a bigger place. We were all squeezed in nice and tight :)



Oh summer vacations, I will miss you.

2 comments:

  1. How in the world did I not know about the caterpillar! Especially since you played with it for so ling. Good thing kami has such a good aunt to take care of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably because it was when we were all packing up...good timing :)

    ReplyDelete